Thursday

A former L.A. drug dealer has moved to Houston to make a new life for himself as a married architect. Everything falls apart when he is suddenly visited by one of his former cohorts who comes carrying heroin. Discovering the dope, the architect flushes it down the drain. This sets up a series of tough customers seeking the dope including a Rasta hit-man, an ex-lover Dallas who ties him up and rapes him, a criminal called Billy with a penchant for torture, and a rogue cop.


This movie was excellent from start-to-finish. I was riveted by the action, the black humour and the incredibly bad luck our hero encountered at every turn. Thomas Jane is a great actor and I hope to see him in many more movies to come. Reading through other people's comments, I have to admit I never once thought about Tarrantino while watching "Thursday" but now that I think about it I guess there are some similarities. I guess I don't spend much time trying to relate everything to everything else. The rape scene between Porizkova and Thomas Jane is one for the record books - sexiest scene ever.



How 'Thursday' managed to avoid attention remains a mystery. 

4 comments:

  1. Holy shit, I watched this movie a while ago, but missed the first few minutes and didn't know it's title. Every single minute of it was awesome.

    Thanks, now I know what it's called. It was totally under-appreciated, by the way. Damn great film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good review, movie sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. highly recommended! :D

    ReplyDelete