The Departed

Years ago, a powerful Irish mafia figure placed a small selection of his youngest, brightest men into the Massachusetts State Police Academy as cadets. Their purpose is to eventually rise within the prestigious ranks of the state police department, to serve as the eyes and ears of their boss. While somewhere else, a young cadet was assigned with an equally dangerous task: infiltrate the Irish syndicate headed by the man sending in his own to the Massachusetts State Police. Now, one cadet is an up and coming police official with a torn allegiance to his job and to the criminal mastermind that put him there. While the other cadet is the trusted number two of that man, only finding his professional duties are becoming blurred with his current state. But new clues have lead to unfortunate discoveries, when both sides realize they're being watched by the enemy.


This movie is pretty intense. You don't know who is going to get caught and who will prevail. The movie keeps you on the edge, though everyone will probably be rooting for Leo not Matt but whatever you do. This movie is thrilling and has a mighty big worth. Enjoy it.

34 comments:

  1. Leonardo DiCaprio Matt Damon Jack Nicholson Martin Sheen Any movie with a cast list like that must be worth watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. One of the best movies ever ;-)

    +1 Following for posting my favorit movie :'D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that movie and have seen it several times. It is really worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen it and it's a must see. I liked that "irish metal" song (i'm shipping up to boston).

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Trainer Thanks for name of this song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, couldn't have chosen two better actors for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, couldn't have chosen two better actors for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Jack Nicholson - Favourite actor

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Departed, one of my top favorites..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting, I might give it a watch in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will follow you simply for this post. The Departed is probably the greatest movie in the history of movies. There's not a flawed moment in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Need to download it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. man i loved that film will have to check it out again ^^ great post +following
    http://popgunreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. need to watch this movie ;] pretty nice blog ;]] following :) !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wasn't a fan... My opinion?? 6/10

    ReplyDelete
  16. This movie was great. You have a good taste, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I havn't watched this movie. but you are good with this.
    I'll "rent" it

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your movie suggestions. A lot of these I have seen but it is always good to hear about new titles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just watched this recently, actually! I found it to be absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my all time favorite movies, Scorcesse is a master of film

    ReplyDelete
  21. This movie is so freaking awesome! I watch it every time it comes on TV. It normally ruins my plans for the next few hours...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this one, but are there really IRish gangsters in Boston?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Of course the police come in to save the day... what a surprise...

    ReplyDelete
  24. it's a really well-done movie. anyone ever seen the original?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I prefer the original, Infernal Affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have a good taste in movies, watched this one after I saw it here, liked it, thanks ;]

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great movie. Really intense until the end.

    ReplyDelete