In a survey of 2000 bosses 33% claimed that they know within the first 90 seconds of an interview whether they will hire someone. The average length of an interview is approximately 40 minutes.
COMMON NONVERBAL MISTAKES MADE AT A JOB INTERVIEW
- 21% Playing with hair or touching face.
- 47% Having little or no knowledge of the company is the most common mistake job seekers make during interiews.
- 67% Failure to make eye contact.
- 38% Lack of smile.
- 33% Bad posture.
- 21% Crossing arms over their chest.
- 9% Using too many hand gestures.
- 26% Handshake that is too weak.
- 33% Fidgeting too much.
Bright colors are a turnoff
- 70% Employers claiming they don't want to applicants to be fashionable or trendy.
- 65% Of bosses said clothes could be the deciding factor between two similar candidates.
TOP TEN MOST COMMON MISTAKES MADE AT A JOB INTERVIEW
- Over-explaining why you lost your last job.
- Conveying that you're not over it.
- Lacking humor, warmth, or personality.
- Not showing enough interest or enthusiasm.
- Inadequate research about a potential employer
- Concentrating too much on what you want.
- Trying to be all things to all people.
- "Winging" the interview.
- Failing set yourself apart from other candidates.
- Failing to ask for the job.
MOST COMMON TIPS ABOUT INTERVIEWING
- Learn about the organization.
- Have a specific job in mind.
- Review your qualifications for the job.
- Be ready to briefly describe your experience.
5 QUESTIONS MOST LIKELY TO BE ASKED
- Tell me about your experience at ________?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Tell me about yourself?