Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

On one very boring day I decided to take a trip to the rental store to see what was out. There was nothing, so I decided pick up this movie called Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I didn't quite know who this gilliam guy was, but I did like the animations that I saw on the TV show Monty Pythons flying circus so I decided to pick it up. Shortly after, Fear and loathing became one of my favorite movies of all time and terry gilliam one of my favorite directors.



The opening line to the film pretty much sums it all up...

"We Were at the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold."



 The acting job shown here by Johnny Depp is brilliant. I think Depp is one of the best actors we've got in hollywood today and can play any sort of role. Compare Edward Scissorhands to Raoule Duke and you'll see what I mean. Fear and loathing became one of my favorite movies of all time and terry gilliam one of my favorite directors.


 Terry Gilliam, though Brazil is his best work, has done a magnificent job here. Watching the film, you seriously feel like your in a drunken haze by the way the camera tips.


 This is a film that shatters the use of the word genre.



I showed this film to a few friends of mine. Half of them thought it was great, the other half thought it sucked. I think that can really sum up how people feel about this film as well. Some love it and some hate it. Make your choice by seeing, I don't think you'll regret it.



10 comments:

  1. Epic, epic film. Benicio Del Toro deserves props for his performance too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still struggle to watch " fear and loathing .." all the way through. one day i will. mighty fine film though, also i`m a big fan of terry g.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try drinking heavily, that should do it... B)

      Delete
  3. Great blog and an awesome movie , drinking can deffinatly help enjoy this one . Feel free to follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! One of the best movies ever! Damn, I think I will go see it again for the 3rd time ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. very very good movie. nice blog you got goin aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about it... I need to watch this!

    ReplyDelete